Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have been trying to use a wireless repeater but cannot…

I have been trying...

I have been trying to use a wireless repeater but cannot seem to connect it

Technician's Assistant: Have you tested the connections by doing a ping utility test?

No. not sure how

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

It keeps saying it cannot fint the ip address

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just suggestions from the internet including you tube

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

11/19/2017
Jason Jones, Network Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of the repeater?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

I believe it is called a wireless 2

I asked for the brand and model name of the repeater. It looks like you gave me the name of the wireless signal that you put on it.

Are you installing the repeater for the first time or has it worked in the past?

I would rather try myself

I asked you a question regarding the age of the repeater. Your response was, "I would rather try myself".

I tried before without success. I just reset it to try again.
IP address is 192.168.1.254 but says it can't reach this page.

It can only reach that page, if your computer is on the same subnet. How are you trying to connect to it? (with a cable or wireless)

Jason Jones, Network Technician

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 32
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

Thank you for your time and patience today.

In the future, if you need any help with anything in the categories below, please let me know.

On this website, I am an expert in each of the following categories listed below:
- Computer
- Networking
- Mac
- Printer
- Cell Phones
- E-Readers
- Android Devices
- Laptop
- Computer Hardware
- Software
- Email
- Microsoft Office
- Smartphones
- Office Equipment
- Programming
- Consumer Electronics

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with -For ***** ***** Only!-

My Profile Page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

I'm back unplugged the repeater and re plugged and seems it may have got it going.

It is working now?

I think so

Thank you for the update. If you have any problems in the future, please let me know.

It's not connected though
It just appears to be functional

"How" does it appear to be functioning? What is working?

The signal is blinking where as it wasn't before

Can you access the 192.168.1.254 address now?

Can you see the signal?

Now for some reason my laptop is offline

Unplug the power to the repeater. Does that help?

No
Restarting my laptop

Okay, thank you.

Thanks for your help

You are very welcome.