Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I forgot my password for the netgear 61. I am trying to hook

I forgot my password *****...
I forgot my password ***** the netgear 61. I am trying to hook up a Vizio TV
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular NETGEAR router?
Customer: I have had it for a couple of years & have my I phone & mac connected but forgot the password ***** connect my tv
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: before what pooped up?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: My phone & mac are working...that is how I am talking to you.
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I just need to find out how to access the password.
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2017
Ashik, PC Technician

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

To make sure, your Mac is connected to Netgear via WiFi and not cable. Right ?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
wireless...my printer is connected wireless as well. I just can't remember the password ***** the router to connect new Vizio tv

You can recover the WiFi password ***** the Keychain Access application of your Mac.

1. On your Mac, click on the Search/magnifier icon at the top right of screen. Type Keychain Access and this will show Keychain Access app.
  2. Open Keychain Access application
  3. On the left-hand side, select “Passwords” under the category
  4. Double-click on your Netgear network (WiFi name) that you want to see the password.Or just search the WiFI network name there and double click on it.
  5. Select the “Show password” checkbox
  6. Enter your administrator username and password ***** you can see the password *****(admin password ***** ***** Mac's login password)

You can use that password ***** connect your device to your WiFi network.

Refer this article --> http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/05/18/how-to-find-a-wi-fi-password-on-mac/

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thank You. I found it.
Much appreciated

You're most welcome !

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service or 5 stars and click Submit at the top. Then only I will get credit for helping you.

Best Regards,

Ashik, PC Technician
Ashik, PC Technician