Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I want to set my laptop up to wifi but I need a sucurity

code JA: Just to clarify, what's...
I want to set my laptop up to wifi but I need a sucurity code
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: it's a gobook, what do you mean operating system, sorry
JA: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?
Customer: the brand is Gobook, model number Y1102, operating system is windows 10
JA: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: purchased on line last week, it tells me I need the dodo wifi sucurity code to enter
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No not at the moment thank you
11/18/2017
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device?
Do also you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If yes, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Viet - Network Tech
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
it is a modem from dodo model isHG659 and windows 10

Thank you. On your working computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can retrieve your modem's Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** through your computer for you:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=01af0609-f3eb-41d3-b7be-1f3ac1f67a5f
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/y7fofd6n
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Or you can try the following solution(s):

Solution #1:

- Please check at the back / bottom of your Dodo modem HG659. There, it should show your SSID (that is your Wi-Fi / wireless network name, and your WLAN Key (or WiFi password ***** Network Key) there. That is your Wi-Fi / wireless security code; it is case-sensitive.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, and if you have a wireless working Windows computer, then please do the following steps on the working wireless Windows computer in order to retrieve your internet modem's Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** security / network key code through it:

1. On your working wireless Windows computer, open Control Panel.
    ; (If needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the computer's keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window should open.)
  2. Open Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center.
  3. Then click on your wireless network name on the right of the item Connections.
  4. Then click on Wireless Properties.
  5. Then click on the Security tab.
  6. Then select the box at Show characters.
  7. Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your Wi-Fi / wireless security code / wireless password. It is case-sensitive.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech