Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

Running r7800 and getting ghost connections on 2.4Ghz side

Customer Question
with addresses 192.168.2.1 through 192.168.1.--- JA...
Running r7800 and getting ghost connections on 2.4Ghz side with addresses 192.168.2.1 through 192.168.1.---
JA: Can you describe your network setup (devices and cables used)?
Customer: Hi Pearl, hard wired connections go through a switch and there are several WiFi routers connected the the same switch the lan is setup with a subnet of 192.168.110 and the R7800 is generating connections on a 192.168.2 subnet both hard wired and WiFi, first address hardwired at 192.168.2.1
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I don't know, the first I noticed the problem was with iOS devices not being able to connect to the internet on the 2.4Ghz side, the 5Ghz side seems fine
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Reloaded firmware 10.0.2.36, reloaded config from disk backup
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Networking
11/19/2017
Network Technician: RobCat98, Consultant replied 23 days ago
RobCat98
RobCat98, Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.

look at the mask

and also try to figure out exactly which dhcp server is putting out the addresses

and what is connecting to them.

this might work a bit better if we can have a phone call or remote session but i cant do it tonight

RobCat98
RobCat98
RobCat98, Consultant