Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I was just prompted to check for updates on the firmware. I…

Customer Question
Good Morning. I...

Good Morning. I was just prompted to check for updates on the firmware. I dont even remember to doing a password. Unable to get into my WiFi with one. Can you help? IP is 192.168.2.1

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

My nameWhen I bought and set it up. My Wifi name is***** for my wife. I've tried every password ***** can think of. anyway Yyou cna help. Will give you my name, fone, addres. Whatever you need

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

It shows all the settings of my wifi. On the heading above ask me to log in. Again I've tried my most common PW. to no avail.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Unknown as it ask for me to log in. unable without PW. Again I don't remember if I used any PW. When my kids come and want to log into the WiFi I give them that PW and their in. But that does not allow me into the WiFi itself.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

No if you have 800 #. And would like to talk my # is(###) ###-#### Name is*****

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Networking
11/18/2017
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 8 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

Hello Chris,

My name is David.

To better assist you I need to know if the password ***** is not working is the password ***** connect to your WiFi network, or the password ***** connect to your WiFi router administrative configuration web page?

Also, what is the make and model of the router?

Thanks,

David.