Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I was just prompted to check for updates on the firmware. I

Customer Question
Good Morning. I was...
Good Morning. I was just prompted to check for updates on the firmware. I dont even remember to doing a password. Unable to get into my WiFi with one. Can you help? IP is 192.168.2.1
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: My nameWhen I bought and set it up. My Wifi name is***** for my wife. I've tried every password ***** can think of. anyway Yyou cna help. Will give you my name, fone, addres. Whatever you need
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It shows all the settings of my wifi. On the heading above ask me to log in. Again I've tried my most common PW. to no avail.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Unknown as it ask for me to log in. unable without PW. Again I don't remember if I used any PW. When my kids come and want to log into the WiFi I give them that PW and their in. But that does not allow me into the WiFi itself.
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No if you have 800 #. And would like to talk my # is(###) ###-#### Name is*****
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Networking
11/18/2017
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 27 days ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

Hello Chris,

My name is David.

To better assist you I need to know if the password ***** is not working is the password ***** connect to your WiFi network, or the password ***** connect to your WiFi router administrative configuration web page?

Also, what is the make and model of the router?

Thanks,

David.

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer