Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I can't get Firefox to come on, so I can't get onto the

Customer Question
I can't get Firefox...

I can't get Firefox to come on, so I can't get onto the internet

Technician's Assistant: Have you done a bandwidth test?

I'm computer illiterate so I don't know what a bandwidth test is. Is there a number where I can talk to someone?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

My husband does not have a problem but he has a wifi connection, I'm connected directly to the router.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 8 months ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

Please, do the following:
- Hold down the two following keys at the same time: Windows key and the letter R
- In the box that comes up, type: cmd
- Click the Ok button.
- In the black window, type the following and press Enter: ipconfig
- Press Enter
Question #1: What is shown for the IP Address, Subnet Mask & Default Gateway?
- In the black window, type the following and press Enter: ping 4.2.2.3
Question #2: What does it say, replies or request timed outs?
- In the black box, type the following and press Enter: ping red.com
Question #3: What does it say, replies or request timed outs?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason