Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I just bought my desktop from Best buy and picked it up on…

Customer Question
I just bought my...

I just bought my desktop from Best buy and picked it up on Sunday. I cannot get my internet explorer up. Yesterday I got one the scams that my PC was infected and to call a number that was supposedly Microsoft. I spoke to one of your technicians and he said it was a scam. He said to contact you guys and you could remote in. He said the problem was in settings because the scam kept on showing even when I restarted the PC. Today it says the URL cannot be found.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Dell brand new

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Yesterday. Not much I am a technical dummy

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
10/18/2017
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 4 months ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

Are you able to access the Internet via any other browser besides Internet Explorer?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer