Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I just received my alexa dot and am unable to get it on

Customer Question
I just received my...

I just received my alexa dot and am unable to get it on line

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's brand new model #rs030qr

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I can't download it off my phone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I just received this yesterday

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Networking
10/4/2017
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

In order to setup the Alexa you need to have a smartphone or a computer.

Which device are you going to use?

computer
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Awesome Ginny!

I would like to know what is the operating system on you computer please.

vista 10
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Okay! Am sorry Ginny but we need to have a smartphone or tablet?

So that we can download the Alexa app on it and we can set it up.

That's not right Its windows 10
Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

That's okay we need to have an iPhone or an android phone to do this.

Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

We don't have to do secure remote assistance, this can be resolved through chat, Ginny.

Network Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Ginny, please let me know if you have one.