Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My kindle says it can not connect to wifi but the wifi

Customer Question
My kindle says it...

My kindle says it can not connect to wifi but the wifi signal indicates wifi is on

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Its 6-7 years old dont know what modle

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tried restarting it also went on wifi setting and put in my wifi password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

It says forget beside my wifi networkname instesd of connect

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Networking
10/3/2017
Network Technician: Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold the Power on / off button on your Kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.
- Then go to your Wi-Fi, then tap on your network name, then tap on option Forget, then tap on your network name again, then can you connect?

- What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

How is it going?

Can you please check at the back / bottom of your Internet modem / router device for the model of it?

Do also you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If yes, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

tried your first suggestion did not work. I have a mac connected to wifi and noproblem with that

Go to your Wi-Fi, then tap on your network name, then tap on option Forget, then tap on your network name again, then can you connect. Then what does it say? Does it ask for password?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

If needed, can you disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem / router device(s) for about 3 minutes, then re-connect, then wait a few minutes, and try again?