Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I don't know! I think all of the lights are on but the

Customer Question
I don't know! I...

I don't know! I think all of the lights are on but the wireless router network connection states that it is not connected. I know the internet is wrking

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried "power cycling" your router -- unplugging it and letting it rest for about ten seconds?

Yes - the horrible internet provider I have turned off internet/cable yesterday to everyone in the area and I think whatever they did, made the router not work

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing - we woke up yesterday morning without internet/cable and when we called they said there was an outage in the area. Cable was restored last night - but they refuse to help fix the wi-fi

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Restarting; unplugging. etc. I tried to download a new firmware, but can't find on the computer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

WNR2000v4 says it is not connected

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Networking
10/2/2017
Network Technician: Richard, Network Specialist replied 10 months ago
Richard, Network Specialist

Hi there and welcome

What is the make and model of the device that you are trying to connect to the internet?

Please let me know