Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I am unable to down load books - My Kindle is telling me I…

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to down load books - My Kindle is telling me I don't have an internet connection; However my WI-FI indicator symbol is indicating I am connected.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

My Kindle Fire is about 12 to 18 months old ( benjamin's 5th Fire)

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

For about a week

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Device model: Fire 8 (5th generation) Serial # G090H907535204GV

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
9/28/2017
Network Technician: Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device?

Can you please press and hold the Power on / off button on your Kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Can you go to the Wi-Fi / wireless option on your Kindle and check the name of the network it is currently connected to?
Do also you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If yes, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Can you please check at the back / bottom of your Internet modem / router device(s) for the model of it?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer