Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Slow internet connection. A charters modem and Internet

Customer Question
Slow internet connection Technician's...

Slow internet connection

Technician's Assistant: Can you describe your network setup (devices and cables used)?

A charters modem and Internet connect cable between your router and the modem

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing since I have a MacBook air at 2013 model I do not have an ethernet port

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

The only thing I've tried is turning on and back off again Charlie says their modem is working fineI called them prior to doing this

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Charter not Charlie I apologize

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Networking
9/27/2017
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 10 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.
A slow Internet connection is often caused by memory errors in the router and/or modem that provides your Internet access. To resolve the issue power down the modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the modem and power up the device. Wait for the modem to completely start up. Next, power down the router and unplug the power cord for the router. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router and power up the device and wait for the router to completely start up. Reboot your computer after the router and modem have completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.