Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I cant connect to my extender, my extender dose not have any…

Customer Question
I cant connect to...

I cant connect to my extender, my extender dose not have any lights on, I cannot to the internet.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tested the connections by doing a ping utility test?

NO

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

I never tried to ping the extender

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Restor network, reset modam, reset router

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Net was working corrected correctly then a new modam was enstalled.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
9/26/2017
Network Technician: Russell H., Internet and LAN replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Internet and LAN

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How did you reset the router? that could, perhaps, affect the range extender in some ways and some cases.

Was the range extender formerly working?

Does the range extender even show a power light? if not, it is unplugged from power, or else it is 'broken'... which do you think?

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer