Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I cannot connect to wi fi. Our modem here at home works for…

Customer Question
I cannot connect to...

I cannot connect to wi fi. Our modem here at home works for other devices. When I try to connect I get a message "authentication failed"

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

I do not know

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Its been 40 minutes. I have tried to sign in our wi fi and it oesn't work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

It may be that I typed in the wrong password ***** the wi fi but I can't find that screen again

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Networking
9/24/2017
Network Technician: Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the make / model of your device?

What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device?
Do also you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If yes, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Can you please check at the back / bottom of your Internet modem / router device(s) for the model of it?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

My mac and my wif's ipad work fine

Thank you. Can you please check at the back / bottom of your Internet modem / router device(s) for the model of it?

- Are you trying to connect your Mac computer to Wi-Fi?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.

arris tm822g

Arris TM822g is the modem. Do you see a router or another device currently connected to the Arris TM822g modem device? If yes, what's the make / model of that device?

D Link dir868L

Thank you. Can you please click on the website below:

http://dlinkrouter.local

, then there, don't enter any password; just click on Login

, then click on SETUP tab at the top

, then click on the WIRELESS SETTINGS option on the left

, then click on option Manual Wireless Connection Setup at bottom

, then did you use the passphrase / key / password ***** for the Wi-Fi password? It is case-sensitive.

Or please try:

1. Click on the new website below:
    http://192.168.0.1
  2. , then there, don't enter any password; just click on Login
  3. , then click on SETUP tab at the top
  4. , then click on the WIRELESS SETTINGS option on the left
  5. , then click on option Manual Wireless Connection Setup at bottom
  6. , then scroll down as needed
  7. , then did you use the passphrase / key / password ***** for the Wi-Fi password? It is case-sensitive.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Are you able to go to the website(s) I've provided above?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,