Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I just bought a N300 WiFi Range Extender. I have followed…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a N300 WiFi Range Extender. I have followed the directions but am still having problems connecting to this computer which is in the front of y home. I am 76 & not computer smart. It would be so much easier to just talk.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

What machine? my computer is a Toshiba laptop with windows 7. The extender is a model WN3000RPv3

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

I thought I was answering your question

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Plugged in extender until the green light came on in the same room as my main internet router. Then hit the wps putton on the extender which started to blink. Then I went to the WiFi router & watched until both the rougter & extender both had solid green lights. I unplugged the extender & brought it to the front room plugged it in waited for it to turn green. Went to computer to connect the extender to the computer but I don't know how.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Networking
9/24/2017
Network Technician: Mr.Med, Network Administrator replied 10 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Network Administrator

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

What is the model and brand of your router ? and what OS are you running please? (windows or mac)

Are you there please?