Joe AV
Joe AV, System Administrator
Experience:  Technical Support Infrastructure and Network engineer
99768184

I have a Comcast-supplied all-in-one router modem. I'm

I have a Comcast-supplied all-in-one router modem. I'm trying to connect a music streamer via Ethernet cable. When I plug the cable in, the light glows red and the streamer won't recognize the network. My old modem worked just fine with the same cable and same streamer.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: Television is irrelevant, as it is not in the chain of devices. The chain of devices is computer > Comcast modem/router via Ethernet cable (works fine) > Logitech Squeezebox Touch via Ethernet cable (no signal to Squeezebox).
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since I replaced my old router with the Comcast-supplied modem/router. I have re-installed the cable, shut down and restarted the modem/router, and rebooted the computer.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that lays out the problem.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I would like to help you with this request. Is the squeezebox not seeing the router at all? we may need to check the settings. Is it asking for password?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
The Squeezebox works fine on the wireless network, but isn't seeing the network at all over the Ethernet cable. And before you ask, the wireless network is not an acceptable solution because of persistent drop-outs.

ok. That makes sense. Can you turn off wifi completely and reboot the squeezebox after plugged into the router with the ethernet cable?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Worked. Thanks for your help.

Excellent. It looks like if you have wireless already activated with no internet that the wifi will set up as your default connection locking out the ethernet. I a glad it worked. If you are happy with my service I would appreciate if you rate me above. This helps us a lot. I am also available for follow questions should you need further assistance. Thank you.