Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have had problems with my internet, tv, modem, and phone…

Customer Question
I have had problems...

I have had problems with my internet, tv, modem, and phone all day. the comcast rep on phone told me to go to store and trade in modem. I did and finally got to and internet. I got a new modem. I am still having trouble with internet with popopup directions telling me to change things and go to certain places. But, my biggest grip is I have no Wi Fi, meaning I have no telephone at all or no cell phone service. It sdk mr to put in my name and password. and that has not worked. My wife went to T-Mobile yesterday when she had problems and they changed our password ***** something ridiculous and i have not idea what is going on.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Which phone?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I did everything several times today. I pushed reset on top of modem at leaset 3 time. I pushed the pin in back 3 times. I unplugged electric cord 4-5 time. I finally went to comcast store and traded for a new modem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, I need my phone service and to get internet working properly.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Networking
9/21/2017
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 10 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

What is the make and model of the modem Comcast gave you?

Are you connecting to the Just Answer via your mobile phone or connected to the Comcast modem via network cable?

Do you still need assistance?