Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have been working for 2 days trying to reset my netgear…

Customer Question
I have been working...

I have been working for 2 days trying to reset my netgear password. Previously wifi was lost and working with Dish we got it back. However, the wifi is not secure. I just want someone to help me even if he/she has to remotecontrol my computer. Please and thank you!

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried unplugging your router for about ten seconds? And what about other devices? Do they have connectivity?

No I have not unplugged my router, Do not know what other devices you are referring

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

As I said, working with Dish we got wifi restore . This is not our main residence so it has been about 6 weeks of having the wifi no secured.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have gone online and tried to follow the derictions but can not get it to take and have no idea whynot.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

No,I'm pretty well worn out!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 8 months ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 94 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

Hello again,

I see that you are not connected, yet.

Are you having any problems with running that remote application after it is downloaded?

Which Internet browser are you currently using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or something of the like)?

Thank you,
***** *****

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer