Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I am a small business owner looking to build my online

following. Can you please answer...
I am a small business owner looking to build my online following. Can you please answer which platform is best for getting my company noticed online- wix or bluehost? I have done some research and the general consensus seems to be that wix is terrible when it comes to SEO. I currently have a wix site and have paid up for a year, but if bluehost is going to get me higher up in google listings, I want to switch now before I put too much work into the wix site. I guess I am asking- is the difference really that significant?
9/20/2017
UranNet
UranNet, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Serge and I will try my best to assist you.

Both companies that you have mentioned are offering hosting for your website.

To get noticed - you need to either hire a SEO team or keep up presence via social networks with different updates about your business..

Here are seven website promotion tips you need to follow to get your page up to the top of the search engines.

1. Focus on Website SEO.
  2. Social Media Marketing.
  3. Search Engine Listing.
  4. Signature Branding.
  5. Reciprocal Linking.
  6. Focus on Quality Content.
  7. Use Google Local Business.
Thank you for your response. I am aware of all of this, but I have heard that wix is essentially a mega site that buries your site within theirs and makes it very hard to find through web searches despite the best effort at SEO, and all things mentioned above. Since signing up, I have read some bad reviews saying that wix's SEO is terrible and you are better off with bluehost- is this true?

Do you have your own domain name?

I do

Then it doesn't matter. Hosting has nothing to do with visibility.

the fact that bluehost offers wordpress does not change that?

It doesn't matter where or how you host your website, or which engine it's running on. It's all about how you promote it.

UranNet
UranNet, Network Administrator
ok, great, thank you!

You are welcome

UranNet
UranNet
UranNet, Network Administrator