UranNet
UranNet, Network Administrator
Experience:  Network and System Administrator, IT Consultant
98676717

I am a small business owner looking to build my online

I am a small business owner looking to build my online following. Can you please answer which platform is best for getting my company noticed online- wix or bluehost? I have done some research and the general consensus seems to be that wix is terrible when it comes to SEO. I currently have a wix site and have paid up for a year, but if bluehost is going to get me higher up in google listings, I want to switch now before I put too much work into the wix site. I guess I am asking- is the difference really that significant?

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Serge and I will try my best to assist you.

Both companies that you have mentioned are offering hosting for your website.

To get noticed - you need to either hire a SEO team or keep up presence via social networks with different updates about your business..

Here are seven website promotion tips you need to follow to get your page up to the top of the search engines.

1. Focus on Website SEO.
  2. Social Media Marketing.
  3. Search Engine Listing.
  4. Signature Branding.
  5. Reciprocal Linking.
  6. Focus on Quality Content.
  7. Use Google Local Business.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Thank you for your response. I am aware of all of this, but I have heard that wix is essentially a mega site that buries your site within theirs and makes it very hard to find through web searches despite the best effort at SEO, and all things mentioned above. Since signing up, I have read some bad reviews saying that wix's SEO is terrible and you are better off with bluehost- is this true?

Do you have your own domain name?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I do

Then it doesn't matter. Hosting has nothing to do with visibility.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
the fact that bluehost offers wordpress does not change that?

It doesn't matter where or how you host your website, or which engine it's running on. It's all about how you promote it.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
ok, great, thank you!

You are welcome