Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

Encryption issue while connecting to internet, need user id

encryption issue while connecting to internet, need user id and passwored for linksys wireless-G 2.4 GHZ broadband router s/n CDFG1H526888
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular Linksys product?
Customer: not much
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there any charge, before tech or after

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the exact error or message?
Do also you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If yes, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
when connecting linksys router it says your access to internet maybe seen by others and is not secure
also need encryption user id and password encryption is needed to make linksys router more secure for internet

Thank you. First, do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer? And/or what's the make / model of your computer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
not sure of make/model hp laptop computer other than running windows 10

To secure / set up your Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** key, you can click on the website below:

http://192.168.1.1

, then enter admin for the username and enter admin for the password, and ok / login

, then click on the Wireless option, then click on the Wireless Security option below it

, then there, change the security mode to WPA/WPA2 Personal

, then enter the passphrase / key you want (that's your wireless password)

, then click on Apply / Save / OK... at bottom

, then on all your wireless devices, connect to your linksys network name with your password (passphrase / key.)

Also, another expert has accepted your Secure Remote Assistance request. You should have been contacted by another expert. Please let me know if there is any problem.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
slow today connecting with remote info given to me, sorry to be so slow is passphrase/key madeup by me

Yes, you can set up any passphrase / key (wireless password) you want, and make sure you remember it. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can we go back to doing window with access to router with start of admin admin

Yes, click on the website below:

http://192.168.1.1

, then enter admin for the username and enter admin for the password, and ok / login.

- By the way, did another expert contact you and connect to your computer in order to fix this issue directly for you?