Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

I hope you can help me I cannot remember the password to

Hi, I hope you can help me I cannot remember the password ***** connect my husbands kindle to our wifi, is there any way you can tell me what it is. Thanks Marilynne Jones
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Amazon kindle we can't remember how old maybe 7 years?????
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Maybe a couple of years, it was working at our son's shop but he has just sold it so we can't use the wifi there anymore we went to a friends place and he was able to connect it to his wifi no trouble.
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really just if you can tell us the password ***** thought the password ***** indyah butI think I am missing maybe some numbers

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device?
Do also you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If yes, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Can you please check at the back / bottom of your Internet modem / router device(s) for the model of it?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry but I lost you I will go and have a look for the router model I am with IINet. I have a Apple Ipad

Thank you. Besides the iPad, do you also have a Windows or Mac computer?

- Note: The modem / router device was usually given to you from your Internet service provider iINet previously. Do you also see any passphrase / key / password ***** the back / bottom of your modem / router device? It is case-sensitive.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello are you there

Yes. I'm still here. Besides the iPad, do you also have a Windows or Mac computer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did you get my reply

Yes, I did. Please scroll up / down this page in order to see all my replies.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry but I am not very computer savvy

That's okay. Note: The modem / router device was usually given to you from your Internet service provider iINet previously. Do you also see any passphrase / key / password ***** the back / bottom of your modem / router device? It is case-sensitive. Are you able to find the modem / router device in your home?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I thought that by going to you people that you would have the password ***** would be able to help me but I think that I will have to speak to my provider.

Yes, I'm helping you here. Have you see my responses above?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have found the router but if I turn it upside down to read it , it might stop as I did that the other day.

As long as you do not disconnect the power cord from the router, then it should be fine. Also, when you put back the router, it should work again. Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will try to read what is on the bottom of it please bear with me

OK, please take your time. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi the part no is NB16WV-02. Password ***** *****

Thank you. Have you tried that password ***** his Kindle yet? It is case-sensitive.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Netcom6310 password ***** Net com 1304 nunonanala

Thank you. Have you tried any of those passwords on his Kindle yet? It is case-sensitive.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hang on I will get the kindle

OK. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Right the wifi network saysmarilynne1NetComm 6310 which we thought the password ***** indyah

Please use the password ***** the back / bottom of the modem. Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tried both those passwords but neither worked

Sorry. Besides the iPad, do you also have a Windows or Mac computer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Only a laptop

What's the make / model of your laptop?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hang on Toshibo

1. Are you currently communicating with me at this web page on your laptop or on your iPad tablet?

2. Is your Toshiba laptop currently connected to the modem with a cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The kindle says would you like to enter the password ***** or manually set up this network.
I am currently on my IPad the connection for the laptop it wireless

Please do the following steps on your Toshiba laptop in order to retrieve your Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** key through your Toshiba laptop:

1. On your Toshiba laptop, open Control Panel.
    ; (If needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the laptop's keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window should open.)
  2. Open Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center.
  3. Then click on your wireless network name on the right of the item Connections.
  4. Then click on Wireless Properties.
  5. Then click on the Security tab.
  6. Then select the box at Show characters.
  7. Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your Wi-Fi / wireless password. It is case-sensitive.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will try but I can't guarantee I can do it

Don't worry; I will stay here with you. Please let me know if you are stuck at any step. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will do

OK, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok have reached network security

Which step number is *****? Let me know if you are stuck.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No 7 do I have to press ok

You can click on X at top right corner to close / exit it.

Please try the network security key on the kindle now; it is case-sensitive.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I clicked show characters nothing happened do I have. To press ok to get the characters?

Did you click on the small squared box in front of the item Show characters?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but it didn't do anything that's why I wondered if I had to press the ok box

Sorry. That's strange. Can you open your email on your Toshiba laptop? If yes, can you open the latest email message from me (from JustAnswer / Viet) on your Toshiba laptop?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There are two things 1 says security type; WPA2-Personal
2 says Encryption type ; AES

Please close all that for now. Can you open your email on your Toshiba laptop? If yes, can you open the latest email message from me (from JustAnswer / Viet) on your Toshiba laptop?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think I have opened it

Great. Please click on the option View response / reply in my email message in your email on your Toshiba laptop in order to communicate with me at this web page on your Toshiba laptop. Then scroll down near the bottom page in order to reply to me at this page on the Toshiba laptop.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am on the laptop

Great. Now, on your Toshiba laptop, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/y8k4xztx
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry but internet explorer has stopped working on the laptop

Sorry. Please try:

1. Can you please click on the website below:
    http://10.1.1.1
  2. When prompted, enter admin for username and enter admin for password, and login.
  3. Click on the option Wireless 2.4GHz.
  4. There, you should see the SSID (Network Name), and the Security Key. That is your Wi-Fi / wireless password. It is case-sensitive.
  5. Then enter password ***** key on the kindle.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do I do this on the iPad?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have managed to get back on laptop and am up to mobile broadband

Yes, please do these steps on your iPad. Then you can go back to this page to communicate with me again.

- Note: If you lose me, then open my email message from your iPad, then click on the View response / reply link in my email on your iPad. (or if needed, open my email on your laptop.)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am back on the laptop

Please click on the option View response / reply in my email message in your email on your Toshiba laptop in order to communicate with me at this web page on your Toshiba laptop. Then scroll down near the bottom page in order to reply to me at this page on the Toshiba laptop.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Have got to step 4

What's showing after trying step #4?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Mobile broadband
Service provider
Network name(apn)Pin settingsSIM status No modem detectedPinConfirm pinSave and apply the changes
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That is step 4

Can you click on Next, Next, ... in order to see the SSID (Network Name), and the Security Key. That is your Wi-Fi / wireless password. It is case-sensitive.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can't find next next?

There, can you look for the Wireless option or 2.4GHz option, or Security option, etc.?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you mean network name?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Found 24ghz

Yes, click on 2.4Ghz, then do you see the the Security Key? If needed, click on Next, if shown.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Please enter the Security key for the Wi-Fi password ***** on the Kindle. It is case-sensitive.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Clicked 24ghz and N600 dual wifi gigabit modem router with voice came up will I click back arrow to go back?

After clicking on 2.4Ghz, look for Security Key option and/or go next, etc.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is no security key option after I clicked 2.4ghz

What do you see after clicking on 2.4Ghz? Do you see the option Next at bottom?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
N600 dual band wifigigabit modem router its voice
UsernamePasswordLogin Clear
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also picture of modem

Please enter admin for username and enter admin for password, then click on Login. Then what does it show next?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
N600 Dual Band wifi gigabit modem router with voice
Down the side wireless 2.4ghz or wireless 5ghz. Or mobile broadband

Click on Wireless 2.4Ghz again, then what does it show next?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wireless 2.4ghz
Down the side status with wireless on/of
Sid broadcast enable/disable
Wifi network name marilynne 1NetComm 6310Security key indyah2001

Great. You got it. Please use that Security key for the password ***** your kindle.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok will try now hang about

OK. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yippeeeeeeeeeee Thank you soooooo much love you

You're very welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your patience xxxxxxx

You're welcome.