Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I'm getting a new-1-19 connecting to netflix, About 3 weeks,

I'm getting a new-1-19...

I'm getting a new-1-19 connecting to netflix

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 3 weeks

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not if I can find somebody

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My iPads and iPhones getting internet ok but my tv keeps telling me to check the DNS settings

What do I do now
I have changed my mind I'm going to cancel Netflix and sort it out at a later date thank you for your help
9/19/2017
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

If I understand correctly, your TV is not able to connect to the Internet for streaming media, correct? In many cases embedded devices such as the TV have a limited number of error messages they can display, such as the DNS error which may simply mean that it cannot connect to the Internet. An issue such as this is often due to memory errors in the router/modem that provides your Internet access. To resolve the issue power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your computer after the router/modem had completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer
I don't understand to reboot the computer we have 2 iPads 2 iPhones my computer is a old Apple Mac it's been shut down I only use it to download photos from my camera our iPads &I iPhone work fine with my wireless modern
How much extra dollars

My apologies, I typed computer but meant the TV - the other devices are working however it sounds like the TV is not getting the correct IP addressing information from the modem/router. So after rebooting the modem/router power down then power up the TV.

Ok

Once you restart the TV please let me know the result.

Now I'm getting a Netflix error now-2-5
Sorry it nw not now

Ok, so just to clarify, you are getting a different error correct?

Also, can you run Netflix without errors on your other devices?

Now I got Netflix

On the TV as well?