Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

Cant connect wifi, about 2 yrs old, about half hour, i tried

cant connect wifi
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: about 2 yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: about half hour
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i tried to get a book it came into my list but not on my machine

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the error or message?

Is it a Kindle device, or something else?

What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device?
Do also you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If yes, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
its kindle

Thank you. Do also you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If yes, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

What's the make / model of your computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
mac

Can you please check at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device(s) for the model of it? Do you see any passphrase / key / password ***** the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device(s)? It is case-sensitive.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
imac tp link

Is there a model for your TP-Link, such as TL-WR841N or C7 AC1750, etc.?

Thank you. On your computer, please do the following steps in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help retrieving your router/modem's Wi-Fi password ***** through your computer for you:

http://tinyurl.com/y8hbtgs2
1. Click on the Apple logo menu at the top, then click on System Preferences, then click on Security & Privacy if available, then click on General tab at the top, then click on the lock icon at bottom left, and click on the Anywhere option
2. Then click on the website below:
, then agree, then open / run the download file Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client... and install it.

Can you please check at the back / bottom of your TP-Link modem / router device for the model of it, such as TL-WR841N or C7 AC1750, etc.?

Is your Mac computer connected to the TP-Link device with a cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Solution #1:

1. Disconnect the power cord(s) from your TP-Link device for about 3 minutes, then reconnect.
  2. Next, press and hold (or slide and hold) the Power on / off button / switch on your Kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on.
  3. Wait about 5 minutes, and check.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try the following steps on your computer in order to confirm your Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** key, if any:

1. On the Mac computer, open Finder (which is the smiley face icon near the bottom left of your computer's screen), then click on Applications.
    ; (If needed, open any folder (or click on any blank space on the Desktop screen), then click on the Go menu at the very top, then click on option Applications.)
  2. Open folder Utilities.
  3. Open the item Keychain Access.
  4. If needed, select option System under Keychains column on the left.
  5. If needed, select option Password (or All Items) under Category on the left.
    - Then you will see your network name on the right column. (It will have a kind of AirPort network password; scroll down first if needed.)
  6. Double-click on your network name in order to open it.
  7. Click on the small box in front of the option Show password at the bottom.
  8. Enter your Mac computer administrator's password, and press the Return key (or click on Allow). (If you don't have a computer's password, just leave it blank and press the Return key.)
  9. Then you will see the Network security key in the box on the right. That is your Wi-Fi / wireless password; it is case-sensitive.

- Then go to the menu / Wi-Fi setting on the Kindle, then select your network name, then select the option called Forget if available

, then select your network name again, and follow the instructions there and see if it connects fine.

Solution #3:

- Please check at the back / bottom of your TP-Link device to see if there is any wireless network password (or passphrase / key) there. It is case-sensitive.

Solution #4:

- If that still does not work, please try the following steps in order to retrieve your Wi-Fi / wireless password ***** key:

1. Click on the website below:
    http://192.168.0.1
  2. When prompted, enter admin for username and enter admin for password, then login.
  3. Then click on the option Basic.
  4. Then click on the option Wireless.
  5. If needed, select the 2.4Ghz network name.
  6. Then there, you can see your wireless password (or passphrase or key). It is case-sensitive.
    - Note: If the above website does not work, then use the website below:
    http://192.168.1.1
    , and/or website:
    http://tplinkwifi.net

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.