Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have a Netgear AC 1750 wifi cable modem router. I

I have a Netgear...

I have a Netgear AC 1750 wifi cable modem router. I purchased it 2 years ago. In the last week I've been losing my internet connection. In the last few days it happens a couple times a day. The only way to solve the problem is to unplug and plug in again.

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular NETGEAR router?

Experience? I've had it for a couple of years. Don't know what else to tell you.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

A week ago the cable went out for the first time. I called Time Warner/Spectrum and the only thing they noticed is the modem router was rebooting on its own. Since I own it they couldn't help me other to that there were no outages. FYI I only have internet. I got rid of cable tv 4 years ago.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

As I said just to unplug and plug back in. That's it. I'm an end user. I'm not a tech.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just can't stay connected to the internet long before I have to reboot.

9/17/2017
Joe AV
Joe AV, System Administrator

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I would like to help you with this issue. Please allow me one moment to review your request and I will be right back.

Do you have a wired device connected to the router and if so, does it lose connectivity as well, or does the issue just happen to wireless devices?

Joe AV
Joe AV, System Administrator
I have a wireless connection. I can do a hard wire if I want.

Please use this link to connect to the secure remote assistance so I can take a look at your modem.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=171629ed-894a-418f-a9dc-41c27066b51b

I would like to see if we can update or flash the software on the router as this has been found to be a fix for this issuel

Well I try and open it up in my gmail address but but all I get is a blank email.
Can't we do this over the phone?

sure. Please let me know what number I should call