Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I am trying to connect my cable router to my blu ray player…

Customer Question
Good Day! I am...

Good Day! I am trying to connect my cable router to my blu ray player but it keeps giving me a failed internet service test.

Technician's Assistant: Can you describe your network setup (devices and cables used)?

Ethernet cable connected to the LAN from the Optimum Cable Router

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing. I just moved this week and am trying to get everything set up but this is giving me a bit of a hard time.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

A hard reset, unplugged, and disconnected everything and reconnected it back

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

No I dont think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Networking
9/16/2017
Network Technician: Kris R, CCIE replied 8 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, CCIE

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Just happened today. I just moved into a new place. The internet is working fine for everything else. It just wont work with the bluray

Can you give me the error return code?
Thanks
Kris

Its a Samsung HT-BD1250. There isnt an error code. When I run the network connection test the MAC address, IP address, and gateway ping all check out but when it comes to the internet service test it does not pass. It reads "your network cannot operate properly"

Do you have fast internet?

I have Optimum Cable 300 Mbps

Do you see it show in the DHCP list in your router?

No I dont.

Do you know how to assign it a static address?

What port on your router is it connected too?

I do not. Its connect to port 2. I've tried switching between the four that are available but that didnt make a difference.

Can I connect to your PC please and login to your router?

My computer isnt connected to it yet.
Just phones, ipad, and apple tv

Would it be possible to hook up your PC so I can connect?

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer