Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My router just stopped working. Need a phone no. to call…

Customer Question
My router just stopped...

My router just stopped working. Need a phone no. to call you.

Technician's Assistant: Can you describe your network setup (devices and cables used)?

Modem from cable company. yellow cable to netgear router

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

Keeps telling me not hooked up

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

The blue light does no come on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

What if it is broken, Iam connected by the cable now witth the router unhooked

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Networking
9/16/2017
Network Technician: Kris R, CCIE replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, CCIE

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

about 2 days
No thanks, ***** ***** it is broken. I am 80 years old and will not be able to do this on line,so I will just ask for my money back and get a new one so that I have phone help. Thank you

Is it connected to a modem?

How can you fix something when it is not hooked up. and if I do hook it back in I will loose my internet conection

Are you connected directly to the modem now?