Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

Model WN3000RBv2 I need to reset my wireless extender for a

Customer Question
different wireless router. What...
model WN3000RBv2 I need to reset my wireless extender for a different wireless router. What do I need todo?
JA: Can you describe your network setup (devices and cables used)?
Customer: The wireless router is at the marina. It is supposed to have a booster on it but I am less than 100 feet from the antenna and I can't pick up the signal
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Pearl Wilson, Network Technician's Assistant
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have moved my booster around my boat hoping to get a better signal, but to no avail. I have tried logging in not using the extender, but that didn't work either. I even took my Laptop bo the marina office where I could log in, but when got back to my boat it didn't work.
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not off hand.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Networking
9/16/2017
Network Technician: Ashik, PC Technician replied 2 months ago
Ashik, PC Technician

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

You can reset the extender. Using a pen or paper clip to press and hold the Factory Reset button on the bottom of the extender for 10 seconds until the Power LED blinks amber. Release the Factory Reset button and wait for the extender to reboot.

Now on your phone or computer, connect to the extender. Then open the browser and go to this website http://mywifiext.net

Then follow the onscreen instructions to setup the extender. If asked for username and password, enter admin and password

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, PC Technician