Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My password for XBOX Live is valid for only one day. Then I…

Customer Question
My password ***** XBOX...

My password ***** XBOX Live is valid for only one day. Then I have to get a new password, and it only works for one day. How can I get permanent access?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Windows 10. My Dell computer is about 5 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It just started in the past few months. I don't know how to do any trouble shooting.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Networking
9/15/2017
Network Technician: Kris R, CCIE replied 10 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, CCIE

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

It just started a couple of months ago.
Kris, are you still there?

Yes

No

You need to remove audit mode on the account and reset it using

https://login.live.com/

And this will take the daily resets off, can you try this please?

I'll try it, but I have to leave right now. Will you still be around in another hour?

Yes, of course.

let me know

Note: Can you please rate me at the top so I am credited with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I will rate when I have tried the solution.

Please ignore that I was not being pushy, it adds it in itself.

Kris, I am back. I went to Internet Explorer and entered https://login.live.com. I got to a page with a lot of options, none ofwhich seemed right. What do I do next?

Did you get signed into the account?

Well, it did ask fro a password--which is part of my problem. Should I go ahead and reset it? then what?
Still waiting for a response.

Yes please.

Done you reset it up date the recovery info and it will set the password ***** to expire