Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I am unable to reset my Linksys Extender RE63 after a 3 day

Customer Question

I am unable to reset my Linksys Extender RE63 after a 3 day poser outage here in SW FL. Can you help me?
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular Linksys product?
Customer: very minimal. I am not real tech savvy as I am 70 yrs old and really do not understand the new technologies
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: we were hit by hurricane Irma and the poser went out. It was out for about 3 days. I had powere outage once before for about an hr as able to reset by just holding the rest button down for 5 secs. Tried that about 5-6 time without luck
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: sorry have end chat
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am unable to to restart my Linksys Extender Model RE6300 after the power was out here in in SW FL due hurricane Irma. I am 70 years old and not tech savvy at all nor do have anyone who can assist me so I wondering if you can tell me how to reset the device. I have tried several times to do so by holding the reset button but the green blinking light always returns to amber. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Thank you!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Samuel Kresslein replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

When you plug in the device, do any of the lights on the front of the Linksys Extender turn on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
when you plug it in you get a blinking green light which turns amber after about one minute
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I updated the credit card info so you can take over my pc remotely
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
our you still available to assist me?
Expert:  Suhasini Velu replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thank you for your patience. My name is*****'m reviewing your previous conversations now, I will help you further.

From your conversation, I can understand that you need to reset your range extender to get it work. I will help you with resetting your range extender and take a remote of your computer and configure the extender.

I suggest you to try resetting the range extender by following the instructions given below.

1. Search for the reset button on your range extender - which would be like a pin hole button

2. You have to use a pen or paper clip and please press and hold the reset button for 35 seconds continuously. You should press the reset button when the extender is plugged into the power outlet.

3. And also please check if the light changes when you do this.

4. Once the reset is done. You can let go the reset button and hold on for 2 minutes.

Just complete the above steps, so that your device will reset to its factory defaults. Once its done, I can go ahead and take remote of your computer and configure your range extender.

Hi, Please reply back to this conversation once you are done with the reset. So that I can proceed with re-configuring your range extender.