Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I am unable to get facebook to load on my laptop the reason…

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to get facebook to load on my laptop the reason I believe is that my internet connection either ethernet or wifi is very slow. I have had the same internet connection for 15 years and have had a different lap top which worked (slowly) but when I replaced the computer I have not been able to load facebook ever since. I have exhausted options as far as obtaining better internet (I am a rural resident). My phones are all able to connect via wifi. Is there anything I can do

Technician's Assistant: Have you tested the connections by doing a ping utility test?

Don't know what that is

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not intentionally

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I dont think so except that I am not at home, I have brought the lap top to work to see if I can get it to work on a high speed connection (it does)

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Networking
9/15/2017
Network Technician: Isaac Franklin, System Administrator replied 9 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, System Administrator

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What browser are you using? firefox/chrome/safari/internet explorer/edge?

Dark blue e is for edge on the taskbar. Light blue e is internet explorer on 10.

Firefox is a blue globe with an orange fox on it and Chrome is a red/green/yellow/blue circle.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support?

Thank you for your response,
~Franklin

I am using Windows 10 and Chrome is my default browser
The problem I see with the remote connection is that I am not currently at my home which is where I have all the problems, I am at my office with great high speed internet and the computer works fine
hello

Run a speed test for me and tell me what you get back?

Go here for me.

https://www.speakeasy.net/

Run that in chrome and in another browser. Use the top GO TO SPEED TEST on the right

when you click that link.

Is the office is yours at home or a business?

Again, I am not at home, which is where the problems are my office is 30 miles from where I live, I have run a speed test at my home and it showed 1 mbps I think

I cannot troubleshoot with you if it is your home pc and you are not with the device.

We understand things take time. Can you update/reply here when you are with the device?

I am with the device I am just not with the problematic internet provider, I am sitting right beside my laptop, it is just that my problem is with the fact my laptop won't open facebook on my internet at home, my phones will

I need you to be with that provider/router/modem.

ok, i explained all of this before I paid my money, I advised I was not near the problematic router, but still passed on to you. I can't do anything with the computer when it is hooked up to the router, the computer won't work, that's my problem, I have dealt with the internet provider they can't do anything, I've tried to get satellite internet, that won't get a high speed signal either. I used to be able to hook up to facebook at home but now I can't. I am trying to see if using a smart phone or tablet would alleviate the problem. my iphone works on the wifi why won't the laptop
this is a computer used by someone other than myself which is why I use a phone instead, should I get her one too? why does the phone work but the laptop won't

I am going to opt out. Another expert may assist you with your issue, but i cannot test what

you dont have with you to determine the issue of your internet. It is directly related to that.

If you are not with your equipment, i cannot troubleshoot.

Please standby.

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer