Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have an HP Pavillion g6 laptop which cannot connect to…

Customer Question
Hello. I have an...

Hello. I have an HP Pavillion g6 laptop which cannot connect to WiFi to my new talk talk router. I can connect to internet via ethernet cable but not wirelessly. I have 2 mobiles which connect fine but not the laptop

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried "power cycling" your router -- unplugging it and letting it rest for about ten seconds?

I have tried everything mentioned on hp support website but nothing

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

My laptop initially had Windows 7 but since last year updated to Windows 10. Never had this problem with previous network

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I cannot remember exactly but followed all troubleshooting steps in the website

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Also my laptop runs on 2.4GHz and new router is dual band

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2017
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 11 months ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

When you attempt to connect to the wireless network, what happens? Are you given any type of error message?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

I try to connect, put the password ***** after few seconds it tells me that is unable to connect to network

Thank you for the update.

How about this; can you plug the problem wireless computer into the router or modem with a cable and allow me to run a secure remote assistance session on the computer so I can setup the wireless connection? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

I am not at home currently where my laptop is so I cannot do that now. Can't you give me some info/tips and check if it can be fixed when I go home later?
Otherwise, I have to think about spending more money on this without knowing if it gets fixed.

First off, don't worry about "it not working". 100% of my work is guaranteed.

So far, I know that you enter the password ***** are unable to connect, while other devices can connect. That means that there is a problem with the computer configuration. There is no quick 'fix' to fix something that is unknown. We can continue when you return home. I will be available for the next 10 hours.

Ok, I will let you know as soon as I get home in the next few hours.
Thank you.

Thank you