Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I can't get WIFI on to connect to my cellphone or my ipad. I…

Customer Question
I can't get WIFI...

I can't get WIFI on to connect to my cellphone or my ipad. I put in my WIFI network name and my internet password. It keeps saying incorrect password. How do I find out my WIFI password ***** I can connect my on my ipad and phone. I'm on my pc now.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

My tv? no I'm o my pc reading my emails. I wanted to use WIFI on my cellphone and on my ipad. How come it doesn't automatically connect and stay connected when I'm home....where my internet is ?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have a Wesrtinghouse and a Toshiba tv.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to be able to stay connected to my WIFI when I'm in my home. I should not have to always "reconnect." There is something wrong because prior to Comcast technic***** *****ging my wifii password, etc. about a month or so ago, I did not have this problem. When I entered my place I automatically had wifi on my cellphone and my ipad if I needed to use the internet. I have a Toshiba and a Westinghouse tv.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Networking
9/13/2017
Network Technician: arsufi, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
arsufi
arsufi, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry to hear that you have this issue. I look forward to assist you today with your question and provide the best solution possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.

What is the operating system you are using on your computer?

What is an operating system? Please simple terms. I'm tired and this shouldn't be a long drawn out process.

Is it okay if i remotely connect to your computer, so that I can directly check and resolve the problem for you while you can watch me doing the same on your screen?

No. Please walk me through this so I'll know what to do if it occurs again. I'm a senior citizen and I'm on a fixed income. please just fix.

Do you know which version of windows are running windows on your computer? Is it windows 7 or Windows 10?

Where are you?

Sorry

Windows 7

Is it a laptop or a desktop computer?

desktop

Do you know how the internet is connected to your computer? Is it through a cable from the internet box or wireless?

I have Comcast internet and tv service. There's a box on the floor in my bedroom...I believe it is a modem?? it provides my cable....I see wires connected so I'm assuming it is not wireless??

Will you be able to provide me the model no of the modem you are using?

The model no will be on the rear end or at the bottom of the modem

This is taking too long. I'm not satisfied at all. I'm signing out and look forward to a refund. Please credit my account. You must not be fully awake...
send my confirmation of a $5 credit to American Express to***@******.*** within 24 hours, Thank you

I will not be able to help you out without getting all the details.

Without getting the model no i will not be able to check whether your modem has wireless capability.

If you are looking for a refund, please call out customer care at 1-***-***-****(Available 6am to 9pm PST)