Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

My Netgear EX6150 extender quit working and I can't get it

Customer Question

My Netgear EX6150 extender quit working and I can't get it to hook up to my router.
JA: Have you tried "power cycling" your router -- unplugging it and letting it rest for about ten seconds?
Customer: Yes. The router seems to be working just fine.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: No storms or power outage that I know of. It just quit working. I have tried numerous times to set it up and it says it is successful, but when I click CONTINUE it says it didn't connect. The Router Link LED doesn't light up.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Everything I could find online and in the Quick Start manual.
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem that you are using with the extender?

Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.

I look forward to your response,
Jason