Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My Netgear EX6150 extender quit working and I can't get it…

Customer Question
My Netgear EX6150 extender...

My Netgear EX6150 extender quit working and I can't get it to hook up to my router.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried "power cycling" your router -- unplugging it and letting it rest for about ten seconds?

Yes. The router seems to be working just fine.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

No storms or power outage that I know of. It just quit working. I have tried numerous times to set it up and it says it is successful, but when I click CONTINUE it says it didn't connect. The Router Link LED doesn't light up.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Everything I could find online and in the Quick Start manual.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 11 months ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem that you are using with the extender?

Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.

I look forward to your response,
Jason