Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

We purchased a Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Router on Saturday. I

Customer Question

We purchased a Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Router on Saturday. I followed the set up instructions. Did fine with the physical set up, but when I pulled up a browser I kept getting message that Server could not be found. What step(s) am I missing?
JA: Can you describe your network setup (devices and cables used)?
Customer: We have a fiberoptic modem, the router and one laptop. The only other thing in the system is a phone line. There is an ethernet cable to attach the modem & router.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: What do you mean?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: What do you mean "right before this popped up"; what is "this"? Also, the only way I am connecting with you right now is that I hooked up the ethernet cable direct to the laptop.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I restarted everything multiple times. I am not tech savvy. Am I supposed to make a change for the laptop wifi access address with a new modem? How do I do that?
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

If you plug the computer directly into the modem and bypass the router, can you access the Internet?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that is how I am connecting with you now.

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.