Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have a Samsung smart tv series 7 that doesn't get more…

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung smart tv series 7 that doesn't get more than 1.5 mbps wired to the router. I've tested the cable used and when connected to a computer it will get 900+ mbps (have 1g ISP speed cable).

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

I've had the cable technician out to test all connections (they're good), I've tested both the wifi and wired connection. Neither get over 1.5 mbps.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The model #UN40KU7000

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Not sure how long this has been going on. We just upgraded the ISP from DSL to cable because of the low speeds throughout the house. However, when the switch was made all other devices increased speed as expected except the tv.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

All components of the tv seem to be working...just speed on connection. Cable tech indicated its the network card in the tv preventing higher speeds...I can't believe this as these TV's were "made" for streaming.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Networking
9/10/2017
Network Technician: Steven, Technician replied 11 months ago
Steven, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** have read your question, the fact is that your cable guy could very possibly be correct, the TV should be able to provide a faster download speed, now if the unit is wired to the to router the speed will in-fact be much faster then a wireless connection however even the wireless connection should be much better then 1.5mbs most likely there is an issue with the network card, this is part of the main board in the TV. if you have not yet tried resetting the router by un-plugging it from the power for at least 15 seconds then reconnecting it and again connecting your TV to see if the speed increases. if it does not then the main board would have to be changed, On a Samsung TV these boards need to be replaced by a technician who has a service remote so the proper model code, ID and other information may set. If I have answered your question please consider accepting or providing a 5 star rating as that is how techs on this site get credit for there time here, if you have any other questions or need additional assistance please feel free to reply and will do my best to continue to assist and thank you for using JA.