Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I'm trying to connect my router to my PIXMA MX492. I do not…

Customer Question
I'm trying to connect...

I'm trying to connect my router to my PIXMA MX492. I do not have a button on my router to push. So I'm trying to do it by the route pin # but it gives me an automatic number then I have to push stop and then OK again and a new number comes up. I have been doing this for 20 minutes and my router # still has not come up. Do I still keep doing this? Thank you.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

I has a Toshiba TV but I have no clue the model. I'm trying to set up the wireless printer not a tv.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just bought the printer so i'm calling you to trouble shoot or tell me what else I can try.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Networking
9/10/2017
Network Technician: Russell H., Internet and LAN replied 9 months ago
Russell H., Internet and LAN

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
What is the printer maker and model #, please? There is an entirely different procedure to follow, you may cease the procedure you have been trying. I will instruct you as to exactly what to do, if you provide the maker and model # please, of the printer, using the Reply To Expert function on your JustAnswer page.

This is a scam. I gave the make and model in my initial question.

I'm sorry - I must have overlooked it, having read down through the full paragraph of your question.

I will type in the right procedure to follow, if you like, now.

This is assuming you are getting your printer working by wireless, to be printed to from a computer, with a WiFi router also.

On the printer, with it turned On, press the Setup button as shown:

https://support.usa.canon.com/library/attachments/CanonUSA/TroubleshootingContents/Images/Global/G0204114.png

- Then, use the < and/or > buttons to select and bring into view, the choice for

Wireless LAN Setup

Press the OK button.

- Then, select 'Other Setup'. Press the OK button.

- Then, select 'Cableless Setup', and press the OK button.

Good so far? then tell me what computer (Apple/Mac, or Windows PC) you want to print with, and I will instruct you further.

Thank you for your help but I'm sending the printer back. Have a nice day.

Thank you for letting us know.... I hope the new printer works fine. Have a great day.