Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I'm trying to connect my router to my PIXMA MX492. I do not

Customer Question

i'm trying to connect my router to my PIXMA MX492. I do not have a button on my router to push. So I'm trying to do it by the route pin # but it gives me an automatic number then I have to push stop and then OK again and a new number comes up. I have been doing this for 20 minutes and my router # still has not come up. Do I still keep doing this? Thank you.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: I has a Toshiba TV but I have no clue the model. I'm trying to set up the wireless printer not a tv.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just bought the printer so i'm calling you to trouble shoot or tell me what else I can try.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
What is the printer maker and model #, please? There is an entirely different procedure to follow, you may cease the procedure you have been trying. I will instruct you as to exactly what to do, if you provide the maker and model # please, of the printer, using the Reply To Expert function on your JustAnswer page.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is a scam. I gave the make and model in my initial question.

I'm sorry - I must have overlooked it, having read down through the full paragraph of your question.

I will type in the right procedure to follow, if you like, now.

This is assuming you are getting your printer working by wireless, to be printed to from a computer, with a WiFi router also.

On the printer, with it turned On, press the Setup button as shown:

https://support.usa.canon.com/library/attachments/CanonUSA/TroubleshootingContents/Images/Global/G0204114.png

- Then, use the < and/or > buttons to select and bring into view, the choice for

Wireless LAN Setup

Press the OK button.

- Then, select 'Other Setup'. Press the OK button.

- Then, select 'Cableless Setup', and press the OK button.

Good so far? then tell me what computer (Apple/Mac, or Windows PC) you want to print with, and I will instruct you further.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your help but I'm sending the printer back. Have a nice day.

Thank you for letting us know.... I hope the new printer works fine. Have a great day.