Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My logitech z515 speaker is not working, you mean for the…

Customer Question
Hi my logitech z515...

Hi my logitech z515 speaker is not working

Technician's Assistant: Can you describe your network setup (devices and cables used)?

You mean for the speaker or the internet?

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

I was searching how to fix logitech speaker

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I've taken to power cable off and put it back on and now no lights are coming on to say that it is working

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

What is this service and is there a fee?

Technician's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Network Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

Ok

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Networking
9/9/2017
Network Technician: Kris R, CCIE replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, CCIE

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.
Thanks
Kris

Hi Kris
I am ready.I have a Logitech Z515 speaker. I had paired with my MacBook pro and iPhone. I didn't use it for a little while and it was unplugged from the power outlet. Then when one day I wanted to use it - it wouldn't pair with my iphone or computer. Now it doesn't seem to be coming on. No red or green light as it did before.
Thoughts

Are you in a position to test the cable?

Thanks

kris

can you connect to my computer and Logitech remotely?
How would I test the cable? I tried a different cable and had the same result.
Right now it seems to me making a faint scratchy sound

You tried a different power cable and it did not work?

Ok then there is an internal hardware issue with the power.

Can you give me the serial of it please?

what serial number?

Of the speak your having issues with.

what does it look like?

It's a number or letter comobo and it will say serial number next too it.

S-00096

When and were was it purchased?

Or ###-##-####

When and were was it purchased?

It was purchased at Walmart about4 or 5 years ago
Am I allotted a certain amount of time for your help? Or is it until the issue is fixed?

The issue is hardware related and cannot be fixed unless it is service I am afraid.

Did you buy a warranty with it?

No
can anything be done?

No sorry, not in this case!

Thanks

Let me know If you want me to recommend another one or set up your new one?

Note: Can you please rate me at the top so I am credited with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.