Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I'm havin a problem the belkin backup battery keep draining…

Customer Question
I'm havin a problem...

I'm havin a problem the belkin backup battery keep draining out even I just replace new battery and still doing it...

Technician's Assistant: How many access points are you utilizing?

Hmm... I have no idea.... you mean now manywifi Im using in my house?

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing just draining out the battery and I had to restart the backup to get back on

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Turn switch off and on...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Ok sure

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Networking
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/9/2017
Network Technician: Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer replied 11 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Most likely there is a service running on the device that either needs to be reconfigured so that it no longer drains the battery or is running incorrectly and needs a firmware update.

I will send the remote assistance offer shortly as I may be able to identify why the battery is draining so fast if I can inspect the device.

Thanks,

David.

Do you still need further assistance?

I think I figured it out I plugged into the wall instead using the power surges socket...
Seems working on my backup battery.
So nevedmind about trying work on that.
Thanks
WJP

Thanks for letting me know and glad you were able to figure it out.

Just so you know, problems with power getting to computers and other devices through power surge protectors and power filters are quite common. However, when the device is plugged into the wall power socket directly it is exposed to potential power surge damage. Most likely the surge protector has been damaged by a power surge which could happen again and damage the Belkin battery backup. So I strongly recommend getting another surge protector as soon as possible and plugging your devices into that rather than directly into the wall socket.