Pete, Networking Engineer
Experience:  CISCO Certified Networking Engineer
30970729

I just bought a nighthawk x10 router from ebay. It was used

Hi I just bought a nighthawk x10 router from ebay. It was used but functions and when I try to connect it reads no internet connection. I already reset the router. Please help

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just received my used but working Nighthawk x10 router I bought from ebay. I tried to connected but it said internet may not be available. I removed my Nighthawk x6 which is working properly and then connected my x10. It connects to the name and password ***** but still reads the same message.At the time, I just reconnected my x6 and everything is working properly. What steps should I take to install my x10 to the same modem. I will leave a tip of appreciation. Thanks

Can you access the router's configuration page?

Did you configure the settings on the router?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I couldnt because the x10 router shows online but when I use Ethernet cable to my laptop, it doesn't work. Any Wi-Fi I use with any device reads internet connection may not be available

Ok, first you need to connect to the new router with ethernet to access the configuration.

If you are unable to connect to it, then it may need to be reset using the small reset button and then try accessing it again using the default username and password.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok should we try this now or wait until tomorrow. I actually tried the tiny reset button but maybe there is a proper way to reset this one. I don't mind trying it now but I want to make sure you are okay with how late it is
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also does the spectrum modem have to be reset at all. I don't know, maybe only reads my x6 router

You can try it now. The only way to reset it is with the reset button.

The modem does not have to be reset.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I plugged the Ethernet cable to back of x10 and powered on. The online light is the only one blinking. Do I try connecting to my laptop now

Yes, you will need to try connecting from the laptop to the router using an ethernet cable.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It let me do it this time. Which do I click

Select Help Me Choose, then click Next.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Select the first one then Next

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There are 4 spaces to fill in
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What do I type in those 6 boxes
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Don't know if u missed a reply but I don't understand what they want in those 6 boxes

Sorry for the delay;

You just need to fill in the top two to get a connection. You will need to enter your wireless network name and password.

Did it work?