Joe AV
Joe AV, System Administrator
Experience:  Technical Support Infrastructure and Network engineer
99768184

I just installed Windows 10, and now I have no WiFi without

I just installed Windows 10, and now I have no WiFi without connecting an ethernet cable between the router and computer. When I try to connect to NetGear (n600,WNDR3400v2) I get a message that says I need a pin number. How do i get a pin number?
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular NETGEAR router?
Customer: I have had it about 4-5 years.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: What do you mean?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: You, what I need is a pin number.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your request. It sounds like you are running WPS on your netgear router. You can find the router's pin by logging into the router with a device that is already connected to it and going to Advanced > advanced setup >wireless settings. Do you have another device connected to the wifi currently?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Got it. Thank you very much.

Very good. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you're satisfied with my assistance, your 5-star rating at this time is appreciated. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!