Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have forgotten my password for my computer wifi, Dell

Customer Question
I have forgotten my...

I have forgotten my password ***** my computer wifi

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Dell inspiron, maybe 4 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

My computer is fine, just want my cell phone to hook up to it occasionally and it needs a password. In the past it did it automatically.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing, thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Networking
9/7/2017
Network Technician: Mr.Med, Network Administrator replied 8 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Network Administrator

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I'm sorry about the issue, Can you tell me please if you already have a windows 7,8 or 10 computer connected to the wireless network? As we may be able to get the password ***** this.

I have windows 7 connected to the cable network
I prefer you tell me how to get a new password. Thanks.
  • Click on the radio bars in the bottom right (near the time). Then click on your wireless network in the list (where it says connected).
  • Click properties.
  • Then in the new window click Security, then show characters.
  • You will then see the wireless password

Let me know the results
Thank you

I tried your way, and when clicking my wireless network, it just said it was connected, not any properties. Some how or other I went into my computer and found properties, security, etc and found the password. thanks for your assistance, which actually helped.

I'm glad to know that the problem has been resolved, If you have a moment please rate my answer by clicking on one of the stars, Positive rating are appreciated

Thank you

JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee, We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.

I have windows 7 on my computer and it is conected to cable network. thanks.

Do you still need help with this problem please?

To find your wireless password ***** follow these steps :

• Right-Click then click properties.

Additional information : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68Q4Km5TIwo

Thank you

Mr.Med
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Network Administrator