Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Network Administrator
Experience:  if you have any question about network system and security, contact me
76221641

Tablet will not accept my password, Reconditioned Surface 3,

tablet will not accept my password
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your tablet computer?
Customer: Reconditioned Surface 3
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing. It has been in my briefcase for about 5 days unused
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried a refresh but it won't go past the Surface start screen even after multiple startups and shuitdowns
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats it

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I'm sorry about the issue, If you forgot your password, try retrieving it before performing a system restore or reset, please click here : http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=242000

let me know the results

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did not work
  • Important : A reset restores the original factory settings and will delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, contacts, and videos. It does not delete data stored on the SD card.
  • From the Windows sign-in screen, tap or click the Power icon in the lower right corner of the sign-in screen.
  • Press and hold the Shift key. (If you're using the On-screen Keyboard, tap or click the Shift key.)
  • While the Shift key is still pressed, tap or click Restart.
  • If you get the prompt Restart anyway, tap or click Restart anyway.
  • After Surface restarts, the Choose an option screen will display.
  • Tap or click Troubleshoot.
  • Tap or click Reset your PC. (select the option Just remove my files: if prompted.)
  • The Surface logo displays while Windows prepares to reset your Surface.
  • Follow the instructions on the screen to re-set up the tablet and set up a new password (remember your password ***** now on.)

Let me know if you need more help

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks it's resetting now

I'm glad to know that the problem has been resolved, If you have a moment please rate my answer by clicking on one of the stars, Positive rating are appreciated

Thank you