Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Well, I had terrible connection problems and I was walked…

Well, I had terrible...

Well, I had terrible connection problems and I was walked thru renaming my router - but now my printer won't work. How do I introduce them?

Technician's Assistant: Can you describe your network setup (devices and cables used)?

I'll try - I have a laptop with Windows 7, a modem from Spectrum and a Cisco/Linksys wireless router. My printer is also wireless. The modem and the router are connected.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

I was trying to find a number for Linksys to call.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I tried unplugging the printer to see if that would like reset things. It didn't. Mostly I'm frustrated.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. I just want the printer to work. I think connecting me would be a good idea. I am not good at this technical stuff.

9/4/2017
Richard, Network Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the make and model of your router please?

Richard, Network Specialist
it reads Cisco / Linksys - Model is E1200 V2. I do have a 6 month contract w/you but the system doesn't recognize me.

Thank you

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

I clicked on the windows link - but nothing seems to be happening

How long is that supposed to take?

Only a minute, but I am waiting on you to do the instructions please.

Ok, sorry- what instructions do I need to do?

I will repeat again

Thank you

959 534 358 Password *****

connecting