Ashik, PC Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Networking
16433418

I have devices that prefer a 2.4 internet connection. How do

I have devices that prefer a 2.4 internet connection. How do I know what my modem is?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is new. it is a dualband WiFi 802.11ac. Does that help?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: No troubleshooting. Don't have a clue what to do.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: With the other modem, I had two networks, one was a 5.? and the other was a 2.4

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Dual band routers support both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks. Non dual band routers only support 2.4Ghz networks only.

Are you having any difficulty connecting to your WiFi ?

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have two ZeborahCam cameras that I have been unable to connect to the new wifi. They are not recognized since the change.
I have tried to change the network name to the new one but they do not recognize it.

Some times security type of networks will prevent old tech devices from connecting. What is the security type set on your router ? WPA2, WPA or WPE ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
wpa/wpa2 psk

Try WPE. It is vulnerable to hacking, but try it and see if it connect to it. This is to check what method the camera uses

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The camera says if it is dual band network, to connect only to the 2.4
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Camera software also says not to use WEP

Yes, you have tried connecting to 2.4ghz network. Right ?

You can rename the network from router configuration window to identify them. Let me know if you need help with that.

Then it should support WPA or WPA2. What happens when you connect it to 2.4Ghz network ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not get a choice for which wifi. that is the problem.

This happens if you give same name on both network. What is the model of router ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
tg1682g

Do you know how to login to router configuration window ?

If not, do the steps below;

On a computer connected to the router, go to this website --> 10.0.0.1

Try admin for both username and password. If that didn't work, then try admin for user name and then you can get the password ***** the back/bottom of the router/modem

This will login to the router. Click on Wireless section and change the name of the network in a way you can identify both networks. Save settings

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i am trying this now

Let me know how it goes

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
account is locked.

What password ***** you try ? If it was changed, then you need to contact the internet service provider to get the correct info

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are you not with the isp?

Sorry, this is Justanswer.com, a paid support website. We're not affiliated with your ISP.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
there is no admin/password ***** the box. therefore I used the one I use to log into my network.

There should be some details on the router. Can you check again ? Does it say router password ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i have network name(ssid) and password. i changed the network name to something more memorable. I used admin with bothe the box password ***** my own password. neither worked.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
tried 3 times and locked the acct for 5 minutes

That means it was changed to something else. Try motorola for password (username is admin)

If you had set same network name for both networks, then the devices that support only the 2.4Ghz network may try to connect to the 5ghz network and fail.

What is your network name ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Kathyswifi

Is that the name you set for both networks ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i only saw one network. again, that was my original question. how can i see the other network????

It is supposed to be shown automatically unless you disabled that network. While setting up, it would show both 2.4ghz and 5ghz network. I'm not sure how exactly you configured the router. So we need to login to the router to see how it is configured.

Who setup the router ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
do not know

I mean who installed the router for you ? Yourself or the ISP ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did with instructions from them

What password ***** you set for router ? This may not be same as WiFi password

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok. i now have my cameras working. i no longer need your consultation

Oh ok. No problem. If you need help with anything else, please let me know.

If you are not satisfied, please don't rate the answer anything and ignore rating request.You can contact the customer support to cancel this question.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you.

No problem