Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer
Experience:  Cisco and Microsoft certified with over 20 years experience in system design, integration and development
13852270

What separates virtual servers? That is, If a company has

What separates virtual servers? That is, If a company has two virtual servers, are they on the same physical machine so that transferring data from one to the other will be as fast as transferring data from one folder to another on a single server?

My name is David.

Yes, virtual servers work the same way as physical servers with regard to transferring data over the network. So the virtual servers could be on the same physical machine or separate physical machines yet they will transfer data the same way. In addition, if they are on the same physical machine, virtual servers can also be configured to transfer data through a virtual network if they are configured to do so.

Please let me know if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.

Thanks,

David.