Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have Netgear Wireless Router WNR1000v3 which has been

I have Netgear Wireless...

I have Netgear Wireless Router WNR1000v3 which has been working fine for a number of years. Recently I somehow made a change to my iPad and now I cannot access the router. I cannot remember the password ***** access the router. Is there a way I can fix mt mess?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried "power cycling" your router -- unplugging it and letting it rest for about ten seconds?

No; what will that do for me since I cannot remember my password?

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

I was "messing" around with my iPad and somehow changed something and cannot now access the router with the iPad.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am a senior citizen and I am not very technically literate. That is how I made this mess. I've tried every password ***** may have ever used and I get nowhere. I've looked at the Netgear setup folder and tried, without success, to open the startup disc.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?

I am ?dumb" enough that I don't know what to ask. Just HELP.

I would like to know how I can fix a situation like this myself but I don't mond lettijng ;you connect to my computer.
8/20/2017
D.Sandlin
D.Sandlin, Network Administrator

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Besides the ipad, do you have a windows PC or a mac or any other device that is still connected to your netgear router / wireless network?

Or is your ipad the only device you have?

Thank you for your reply,
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

The Visa card number which I gave you is for a debit card and I check the account about 15 minutes ago and it has enough money to cover the $5 charge.

To be clear, 5$ is only the initial authorization. The full charge is 36$ for successful help. If I cant help you that amount is fully refundable. But the amount is more then 5$. Do you want to continue working the issue together, or would you prefer to have me send you the refund link now?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

My hp pavilion is connected to it. I have a Canon printer which could/should be connected but I did not know how to do it.

Allright, if you would like I can connect to your Hp Pavilion. Help you recover the correct password ***** your ipad to connect.

And I can also get your canon printer connected. If I am successful there would be a 40$ fee payable after the session.

if I cant fix the issue, you would receive a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try that?

visa card is a debit card: 4737029980475432, expiration dste: 08/21, co

So I can connect, please follow the steps below from your HP pavillion computer

To start the connection, please click this link

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=0731a657-7d78-4574-8e34-a6a0951cddb5

On the next page, scroll down and click the agree button.. It should then ask you to save or run the elsinore screen connect file. Run it, and then when it asks you to allow it, do so. That will connect us.

If you get stuck completing the above steps try them again, and if you still cant connect send a reply and let me know what web browser you are using, so I can give you specific steps on how to connect.

Dustin S

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

D.Sandlin
D.Sandlin, Network Administrator