Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I have spectrum internet and it is the 300 plan. I get 48

download and 1.5 upload....
I have spectrum internet and it is the 300 plan. I get 48 download and 1.5 upload. I have 3 Xbox live users 2 smart tvs and 3 computers that use the internet. At night they will all use the internet at the same time. The speed is ok but at night the tv freezes a lot. Att fiber optics is now in the neighborhood and they have 50 plan for $40. They said it was comparable to the spectrum 300 plan $70. Because we don't share with neighbors. Can you please explain which is better and why.
8/19/2017
Josh, Helpdesk

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The 300 plan allows up to 300 in certain areas -- I would ask Spectrum why you are only receiving 1/6 of the paid speed to see if it is an issue with your home location, router, or something else.

To be honest, I love fiber optic so I would switch over to their plan but I would still recommend calling Spectrum to see why you are not receiving your paid speed.

The rep says it is because spectrum shares with their neighbors Is that right?

Shares with their neighbors? That doesn't make much sense. If you are paying for a 300mbps plan then you should receive near that amount. You are not sharing your connection with anyone.

I would recommend a switch to fiber as soon as possible -- You will be a lot happier with the speeds.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Josh, Helpdesk
Josh, Helpdesk