Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I am trying to get into my router, so I can setup a TIVO

Bolt. JA: Can you describe your...
I am trying to get into my router, so I can setup a TIVO Bolt.
JA: Can you describe your network setup (devices and cables used)?
Customer: I have a hardwired router WNDR3700v2
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Earlier yesterday I had to replace cables between router an tower, and modem. To get system back up.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am trying to get into router, but can"t get a login screen.
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
8/19/2017
Russell H., Internet and LAN

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Do you need to set up or configure your router's settings?

What computer (Windows or Apple) do you wish to do the setup from, if so?

And, are you near enough to the router to touch it, while at your computer (or how far from it are you) ?

I have the router on the desk, next to me.

Good! on your computer, locate the network port or Ethernet port.

Take an Ethernet cable, plug one end into that port on your computer.

Then plug the other end into one of the common ports on your router, the ones labeled 1 through 4 perhaps. NOT the one labeled 'Internet'.

Good so far?

I will go to settings on phone. Thank you very much.

Do you need further assistance?

(And if you don't, then have I helped with your question, in your opinion?)

Why can't I just get into the router to take care of this.

Try connecting the cable as I suggested - and I will guide you if you wish, or securely connect to your computer to do the process through your computer (I cannot do the process through your phone.)

I am viewing it now, sorry about that.

OK. Once hooked up, you get into setup by going into the Address bar of your browser and entering your router's base address, then pressing RETURN or ENTER once.

This should pop up the Username: and Password: prompt for your router's setup utility.

Enter

admin

for the username, and your router's setup password ***** the password.

Good so far? then I hope I can guide you on how to do the router setup too.

Russell H., Internet and LAN

Let me know if you need further help. Thanks.

Thank you for the added bonus - I'm glad this case turned out OK. Have a great day!

Russell H., Internet and LAN