Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

My netgear modum is offline and won't reset. I have turned

my netgear modum is offline...
my netgear modum is offline and won't reset. I have turned off Telstra modum and netgear as well and I need help please. It is Netgear VMS3430.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular NETGEAR router?
Customer: Have only had one problem before and you helped me then Pearl but have had the system since June 1916
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I don't know Pearl, it was fine yesterday then base station went offline. I don't know why or if was something I did. Have switched off Telstra modum and Netgear but won't reset.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Turning everything off for a few minutes and then turning on again.
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The Netgear lights are on as well as Telstra mobile.
8/18/2017
Samuel Kresslein

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything

Your Netgear VMS3430 will not turn on at all?

What happens when you plug it in? Have you tried to plug it into a different outlet?

Samuel Kresslein
It plugs in to my computer and also my Telstra modum

Yes, but will the router turn on at all?

What is happening Sam. Is it fixed yet.

I am not able to remotely log in to your device because it is a router.

Could you please describe the problem in more detail?

Is the Netgear router turning on at all or is it completely powered off?

The 3 lights are on as well as my Telstra modum. Both have the lights on.
The Neatgear modum has a message of Disarmed.
Can you do it through my email.

It sounds like you need to make custom modes with only the specific cameras enabled. Go to the Mode tab, click on your base and create a new mode. Set up one camera and save. Reedit the new mode to add additional cameras. Any camera with no rule is disarmed. Create another new mode with a different set of cameras if needed and perhaps use the schedule.

Mode 1

-indoor camera 1

-indoor camera 2

Mode 2

- outdoor camera 1

- outdoor camera 2

Mode 3

- indoor camera 1

- outdoor camera 2

Mode 4

- indoor camera 1

- indoor camera 2

- outdoor camera 1

- outdoor camera 2

Schedule

12:00 AM - 6:00 AM - Mode 4

6:01 AM - 8:00 AM - Mode 2

8:01 AM - 4:00 PM - Mode 1

4:01 PM - 10:00 PM - Mode 3

10:00 PM - 11:59 PM - Mode 4

That is double Dutch to me Sam. Can't you do that remotely through my email. Also access on my mobile.

I'm sorry, I can not remotely log in to your router.

Can you go to "MODE" on the Netgear device?
I believe the mode could be set to "disabled"

Looking on my mobile, when I click on Mode, Base Station says Disarmed. Green button at bottom says Add a Mode. When I click on Library, date is on the 17th and won't go to today's date. Can you fix through my mobile.

No I can't remotely log into your mobile.

You should be able to click the green button and add the cameras to the new mode you create.

After you add the new mode, it should be working and the cameras will be armed!

I have clicked on Mode and it has Enter Mode name.

You can name it whatever you want.

I would label it something like "outside" or "Camera's Active"

I did that Cameras Active then next and now the date has at least gone to todays date.

That's good!

Is the Netgear device enabled now?

Changed date but Base Station still says Disarmed. Can only check on my mobile.

K did you add the cameras to the mode you made?

That will arm the device.

At lease it has changed to todays date.

Yes that is definitely a step in the correct direction!

If I add a Mode, how do I add the cameras as Base Station still says Disarmed.

2. Click or tap Settings > Rules > Add

3. Enter a name for the rule.

4. Under IF the following, select the camera to which you want Arlo to apply the rule.

5. Use the slider to adjust the sensitivity of the motion sensor: • Raise the sensitivity percentage to increase the number of videos that Arlo captures. • Lower the sensitivity percentage to decrease the number of videos that Arlo captures.

6. Under THEN do the following, select the action that you want your Arlo system to take.

7. Select the camera from which you want to record the video.

8. Use the slider to adjust the length of video that is captured.

9. To be alerted by email when your Arlo system activates this rule, click or tap To this list and enter at least one email address.

10. Click or tap Done.

I will try that Sam but I am a bit challenged with technology. Will print off the above and wish me luck. I know I can contact you for 1 week, but could you tell me the cost.

I am a technical expert and I am not involved in payments.

Sorry about that! You may talk to our customer service if you like!

Samuel Kresslein
Samuel Kresslein
Samuel Kresslein