Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

It's a Cisco Small Business phone system SPA525G. Can I

Customer Question
Hi - It's a...

Hi - It's a Cisco Small Business phone system SPA525G. Can I please talk to a real person about the nuances of transferring calls to someone in another part of the building and the call being there when they arrive in their office? I am new to the office and the calls are dropping

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular Cisco product?

None

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

I took a call at a back extension and put it on hold with "the hand" I tried to pick it up at my extension (and was not able to)

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

My issue is that I returned to the desk where I took the call; transferred the call; and it didn't ring through to the person I transferred to. This has been happening. I don't see any troubleshooting for this; but I think if someone walked me through transferring it would be great

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Networking
8/18/2017
Network Technician: Kris R, CCIE replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, CCIE

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

I can do a live phone call If you wish.

Thanks

Kris